JAMIE'S ITALIAN KUTA - BALI

On my latest Bali trip, I made a visit to Jamie’s Italian restaurant which located strategically on the Kuta beach street, just beside Hard Rock’s Cafe to be exact. For those who are not aware, Jamie’s Italian is the restaurant brand chain curated by the very talented Jamie Oliver, British chef and TV personality.

The two-stories restaurant was actually smaller than what I had expected, but I love the simple modern-minimalist home-like design that created this homey ambiance to hang out at. The restaurant operates daily at 12 PM, as I arrived just probably 5 minutes after, almost half of the first floor was occupied already. Parking is an issue here, just like most Bali cafes since the space here is not like Jakarta, it's more recommended to ride motorcycles here than cars, and the traffic as well.


Before I proceed with the food review, I must say that I LOVE the service here, the waiters were polite, but in casual way (which I love), also they had good knowledge of the menus here and actually recommended me few menus, including the special of the day (changed daily). The food menus here range from frizzante/nibbles, bruschetta/antipasti, pasta, artisan pizza, mains, planks, fish and sides, and special kids menus, while their beverage menus range from spritz, cocktails, wines, dessert wines, dessert & alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks, digestifs, sparkling, rose and hot drinks.
I decided to opt for their Burger Italiano (IDR 220k) just because it sounds fantastic from the menu, Pesto Chicken Pasta (IDR 195k), additional Funky Chips (IDR 55k) and their highly talked about Pannacotta (IDR 95k).

Burger Italiano – IDR 220k
The burger sure looked incredible and really appetizing, but unfortunately the flavor was the exact opposite of what I had in mind instantly after looking at the burger. The meat was bland and dry, and the bread was tough instead of being fluffier, the one thing that really stood out was the funky chips, it was divinely good, probably one of the best fries I’ve had: salty, savory, garlicky, just yum!

Funky Fries – IDR 55k
Pesto Chicken Pasta – IDR 195k
Was craving for some pasta, but since I never really into cheese, this is what was recommended by the kind waiter. The pasta was cooked perfectly al-dente with the right firmness. Even though I expected more pesto sauce to this dish but the amount they gave for a single portion was still acceptable. Some might find this bland (especally locals who are used to strong ingredients and flavor), but since I felt like understanding their idea of “authenticity”, I must say this pasta was good.
Creamy Pannacotta – IDR 95k
Texture and consistency wise, BEST pannacotta I’ve had: perfectly smooth, fluffy and wobbly! I love how it wasn’t overpoweringly sweet, even more since the sourness of the berry compote really balanced everything out. I simply love this one.

Based on my visit, the main courses were average, and not out of the world good, ironically, the food that stuck in my head was their funky chips and pannacotta, instead of the main courses, and I don’t know if those two are strong enough to make me want to come back here, but honestly, I would, I felt like I haven’t really experience “Jamie” and I believe there’s gotta be better food there that I haven’t treasured. Price wise, it’s pretty high and overpriced, especially for locals, I mean from the concept and the venue, it should be a casual restaurant (or closer as casual fine-dining restaurant), unfortunately, the value that I paid for and the flavor quality that I expected didn’t meet my standard.

But still, GOOD LUCK JAMIE! You’ve always won out hearts and I believe you will, I know that it’s a pressure to have such big names like yours and putting it as a brand, people will expect good things from you and I believe you & your team can deliver it.

Jamie's Italian Kuta
Jalan Raya Kuta No. 47 (beside Hard Rock Cafe Shop)
Banjar Pande Mas
Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
0361 - 762 118
Opening Hours: 12 PM - 11 PM
Average spending for two: IDR 700k
Dresscode: casual
WiFi: yes
WEBSITE | FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM


FIND ME HERE
FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || GOOGLE+

Map for Jamie's Italian Kuta

1 komentar: