AMOY HOTEL SINGAPORE - HOTEL REVIEW

Singapore has always been one of my favorite destinations for quick escape, and for me, it’s a total bliss to actually live 1, 5 hours away from the Merlion country, when I am in need of another city therapy, Singapore is just the perfect option. It has E V E R Y T H I N G.
On my latest Singapore trip, I stayed at this boutique hotel located in Telok Ayer St. in Singapore that I am reviewing in this post called AMOY. AMOY hotel is one of the ventures from the property giant, FarEast. The hotel is located strategically around the Far East Square in the Chinatown area, if you’re a first timer in Singapore, staying in AMOY would be such advantage in bonding with the locals and sample what they have in store: the people, the food and the culture, and the authenticity, for example, the access to visit the oldest temple in Singapore: Thian Hock Keng that's located nearby, or have some scrumptious meals in Chinatown Food Streetwidth or Maxwell Hawker Center (one of the most popular hawker centre in the entire Singapore).


Short to say, AMOY hotel is a convertion from a historical temple complex (that after you make your way from the temple to the lobby entrance). AMOY feels like a modern oasis located just behind Singapore’s first Chinese Temple, Fuk Tak Chi. I think it was my first experience staying in a hotel that’s actually located in a temple, along with the bold culture value! It’s absolutely good.
The hotel lobby had this semi al-fresco/minimalist concept with glass surrounding the area, high ceiling and lamp cages hanging above. I LOVE when a hotel had a strong concept to it and AMOY seemed to bring the Chinese and Oriental values nicely to the hotel. The design and the way they blend it with a little sophistication seemed like a good harmony, and how they designed the reception so that it won’t interrupt the “been there forever” well impressed me. Every guest staying here will be granted with a refreshing welcome drink that came in pretty color called “Alluring Amoy”.



It currently ranks the second of 300 Hotels in TripAdvisor, and it scores 9.1/10 by the audiences from Booking.com
In total, AMOY accomodates 37 rooms, here’s something unique, even though they still use the good old numbering, I was excited to find that they named each of the room with Chinese family names, take it as an ode to the early migrants who used to live around the area. As the common boutique hotel, they don’t have pools or gym facilities, but personally for me, that shouldn’t be a problem as I don’t do both.

As soon as I stepped through their dark heavy wooden doors and I found serenity surrounding me and I am not being hyperbollic here. I love the simple sophistication, minimalist and oriental touches to the design and there’s something about their air-conditioning that was just perfect (considering Singapore is humid all the time), my room had this window view of the Chinatown neighborhood and you’re granted with access to locals doing daily activities, well if that’s your thing. The rooms include rainshowers, phones, LED TV, little workspace (desk), hair dryer, irons, ironing boards and basic amenities such as shampoo, soap and body lotion. Coffeeholic will be thrilled to find out that an espresso maker is among the facilities you can enjoy at the room, alongside the daily refilled mini bars.
Warm welcome note! All handwritten <3.


The bed was so comfortable and perfect for my length, I dozed off easily on the first night, probably because I was extremely tired due to the lack of sleep of the morning flight, but that didn’t keep me from not knowing that they provided turn down service! I love how little gestures like this impacted along the way, and it was just a pleasant yet peaceful good night sleep.


Official picture from their website so you can get a clearer vision of the room

The breakfast was served at JIN Fine Dining, the selections were not plenty, but the Western and Oriental dishes were decent. Decided not to take picture of the food display


You won’t have the true Singapore experience when you haven’t visited their hawker centers, and that’s exactly what I did on my visits to Singapore. For your information, AMOY also allow provide city tour via bus (exclude from the rate) for those who are interested, AMOY is located merely 15 minutes away from Marina Bay and 10 minutes from Clarke Quay. I bloody love how accessbile Singapore is!


AMOY might not be the most spacious hotel, well again, it’s a classy boutique hotel, but I honestly enjoyed the nights I stayed here as I found true peace, I love the location, I love the bed, I love the design of the room, I love the air-conditioning, I love their humble service, I love the fact that the Telok Ayer MRT is located close to the hotel, there are just several things that they need to take care, but the flaws were very acceptable. The room rates in AMOY starts from S$200 for single room with no breakfast and up  to $400 ish.

Back to where I talked about the tour they provided, if you’re travelling in groups or with family members, I would recommend you to take their tours, simply because they can arrange everything and you just need to sit down (and pay LOL). That time, I managed to visit some of Singapore’s most interesting tourist attractions such as SEA Marine Park & Museum at Sentosa Island, Singapore Flyer, and actually took on the amphibi tour (the bus and water tour). The advantage of taking the amphibi tour is how you can see Singapore in such a different perspective, and by different, I mean sightseeing while floating on the water.
I LOVE THIS WOMAN! She’s such a nice tour guide.

Frankly speaking, this particular trip felt so different, and I felt like exploring Singapore in a way I’ve never done and experienced before. It’s just so rich (in terms of the value and local experience), one of the highlights of this trip was honestly experiencing the tea opera at Chinatown, yet another advantage of staying in AMOY if you’re someone who is into culture value (yet you should!).



Chinese Theatre Circle and Chinese Opera Tea House
Here you can enjoy a private Chinese opera show, while accompanied with their homemade dimsum and Chinese tea, please note reservation is required and S$40 is the entrance fee per person.

Wouldn’t let you in about the story as I don’t want to spoil anything, but I can tell you that both roles are actually played by female (on my visit).





AMOY hotel's located just few blocks away from the famous Club Street, Singapore’s top area for party goers and more sophisticated gastronomical experience.
...and Chinatown Complex, Maxwell hawker center’s actually located just across










A visit to Resort World Sentosa that you can possibly booked thru the tour package provided by AMOY hotel.

Universal Studio Singapore




Will post a separated post about my experience to SEA Aquarium and Marine Museum Singapore.

AMOY will have a special place in my heart, thank you for the hospitality!
AMOY HOTEL SINGAPORE
76 Telok Ayer Street S048464
+65 6580 2888
Email: info.amoy@fareast.com.sg || reseasy@fareast.com.sg

FIND ME HERE
FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || GOOGLE+

Map for AMOY Hotel

6 komentar:

  1. itu bener bener keren sekali.

    BalasHapus
  2. Riad Daria Suites & Spa Marrakech is a favorite Riad for all stars of cinema, and variety, for the discretion, the peaceful environment, discretion and security.
    https://www.riaddariamarrakech.com

    BalasHapus
  3. Looking for discounts on Hotels, Flights, as well as Car rentals at discounted rates come visit us at http://wetravelsphere.com/

    BalasHapus
  4. Great post! I’ve been doing weekly ID supplies with friends and our dogs since about mid-May. Definitely recommend bringing as much water as you think you need and then some.

    BalasHapus
  5. Excellent review! I also came upon an article listing Singapore's boutique hotels. I believe everyone looking for one should have a look at this list. List of boutique hotels

    BalasHapus
  6. Such a detailed and insightful review! Loved reading about the Amoy Hotel in Singapore. 🏨✨ For Ecommerce Website Development Company in Delhi Visit:- https://www.artattackk.com/

    BalasHapus