15 CAFES TO VISIT IN SEMINYAK AND CANGGU

I can’t believe that out of the uncountable times flying to Bali and those cafe hoppings, here I am FINALLY making this list. The cafe scene in Bali is too crazy, there are so many places for foodies to explore! In Seminyak alone, probably hundreds of cafe spread all over the streets of Seminyak, just too many that I can’t keep up. I need to go back and forth to Bali for like 100 times to really explore everything. Do note that these are the cafes that I found impressive, with ambiance and food that I really enjoy. I believe there are some other good cafes that are really good or personally better for you, maybe I just haven't been to those places, so if you have recommendations, drop them below puhlease.

This is not a ranking list, I'm gonna sort it in alphabetical order!
Bo$$man
Jl. Kayu Cendana No. 8B
Seminyak, Badung, Bali 80361
0812 - 3916 - 7070
Opening hours: 11 AM-4 AM
Some says Bo$$man is highly overrated and some claims it's the best burger they've had, but based on my visit, it's clear that they're pretty packed and busy during lunch time, the burgers were good but not out of the world good (but the pork belly one you have to try), and don't take so long to take your pictures as it's best served hot! Their truffle fries is a must order here as it came with generous, and I mean crazy generous grated cheese topping!

BURO || Concept Store and Coffee
Jl. Petitenget 88x
Kerobokan, Seminyak
0361 - 4735 5949

Buro is one of the most happening coffee shops in Bali at the moment, I personally don’t think they have the best coffee and food (there are some that are better), but I can’t deny the fact that they have awesome looking space right there. If you’re a fan of one of those clean, neat with major negative space made for your Instagram timeline, this is the place to go. Flatlays enthusiats will be thrilled to find that the tables here are mostly made from wood, again, the coffee might just be one of the deco to your flatlays craze.

Cafe Organic
Jl. Petitenget No. 99
Badung, Bali 80361
0821 - 4648 - 9669
Opening hours: 7 AM-4 PM
Cafe Organic is a new cafe in Seminyak (precisely across the entrance of W Hotel) owned by an Australian couple (what I heard from my Bali friends), they serve various selections of cooked healthy food (some of them are vegetarian menus), juices and smoothie bowls! The cafe might not be spacious, but I like how they designed the space to be minimalist, but naturally pretty and clean, or at least it felt good and healthy eating here, because I knew I was going to do some cafe hoppings on that particular day I visited Cafe Organic, I was so tempted to try their acai bowls for its magnificent presentation I saw on their IG (will go back for that fosho), but I ended up opting their Acai Berry Parfait, Avocado on Toast (with generous salty mushrooms, but the good salty not the bad one), and some juices!

Habitual Quench and Feed
Jalan Umalas 1 No. 12B
Jalan Raya Kerobokan, Bali 80361
0361 - 918 1801
Opening Hours: 9 AM - 6 PM (daily)
Closed on Mondays

- - -
Habitual has been my favorite place to have brunch whenever I am in Seminyak or Canggu! This tiny cafe is anything fancy, but the food here is pretty good! My favorite has got to be their burger, filthy good presentation and taste with generous filling & chunky patty! They only have two outdoor tables so wake up and come early if you're dying to sit outside as I always fail LOL!

La Laguna
Jl. Pantai Kayu Putih, Berawa,
Canggu, Mengwi, Bali
0361 - 4741 214


Well, La Laguna is actually more like a beachclub, but it still has that cafe-ish feeling to it so I put this in my list. I bloody love La Laguna for its rawness! There's something so beautiful behind all those retro and vintage deco of the club, from the unpolished piece of wood, iron, to their cool bridge, La Laguna is a place to go if you wanna have good times with friends while waiting for the sunset to come. The food was inconsistent, my first visit was the best moment of having their food, and plus there are so many bees and flies, your drinks can be safe tho!


Milk and Madu
Jl. Raya Pantai Berawa No.52
Kuta Utara, Badung, Bali 80361
0851 - 0278 - 1872
Opening hours: 7 AM-5 PM
Milk and Madu is a small cafe in Canggu serving all day breakfast and lunch menus, it's located not too far from Peloton and do note that they're always packed for breakfast and lunch. I had their Shaksoukha from their all day breakfast menu and it was enjoyable! I was glad to find that Nalubowls has a small outlet here, I consider them my sweet dessert! Smoothie bowls for desserts should be awesome!

Motel Mexicola
Jl. Kayujati No. 9X
Seminyak, Badung, Bali 80361
Opening hours: 11 AM-1 AM

Motel Mexicola is claimed the hottest spot for partygoers and clubbers! It’s one of those outdoor-concepted bar mainly packed during the night, while it’s not something that I am very into, must admit the hype of this place is so dynamic that I think you should try at least once. Besides drinks (of the-freaking-course), they also have comfort food to share. I like the weirdness of this place, it’s indeed had that Mexican thing going with colorful walls and quirky-religious deco to it.

Nalu Bowls
Jl. Drupadi 2A No.1
Seminyak, Bali 80361
0812 - 3660 - 9776
Opening hours: 7:30 AM-6 PM
All of the sudden my Instagram timeline is filled with photos of people having Nalubowls smoothie bowls, and feeling like being left out of the trend, hence I am bonding and came to their tiny outlet in Seminyak! Nalu which by the way means "wave" in English is inspired by this strong Hawaiian value in their smoothie bowls, even from their presentation too! I had three of their best selling menus here and my favorite turned out to be their Teahupo'o with dragonfruit. Every smoothie bowl of theirs consist of banana slices and honey glaze!

Peloton Supershop
Jalan Raya Pantai Berawa No.46
Berawa, Bali, 80361
0859 - 5413 - 1451
Opening hours: 8 AM-4:30 PM
A mini bicycle store/a cafe specializes in vegetarian food and that's Peloton! I honestly did not know that they serve vegetarian menus until I actually arrived there and the waiter told me so, but that made it even more interesting and I was in the mood to try vegetarian cuisine! They serve local and Western (or actually a fusion) vegetarian cuisine in beautiful presentation (as you can see below). I had their black charcoal burger with veggie patty (which happened to be an Indonesian mashed potato cake we call "perkedel" here. Generally the food here were pretty good, you need to try their wraps and tacos as those two are the best selling menu here, and oh, their freaking sweet potato fries! DAYUM!


Revolver
Jl. Kayu Aya No 3 (Gang 51)
Kuta Utara, Badung, Bali 80361
0851 - 0088 - 4968
Opening hours: 7 AM-4 PM
I have this huge crush for Revolver as I think they serve one of the best coffees in Bali. It might be tricky to find this coffee shop as it’s located in an alley, but when you make your way from Sisterfields, make your way to Seminyak Square, but before that you’ll see a white cafe located on the hook, turn left and the alley to the Revolver is located not far from the turn, if I’m not mistaken, I think just across Library Coffee and you’ll see a sign tho. Inside you’ll find this quirky looking dimmed coffee shop that serves good coffee, but my personal fav and repeat order is their Iced Cappuccino, served creamy with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream!

Saigon Street
Jl. Petitenget No. 77X
Badung, Bali 80361
0821 - 4648 - 9669
Opening hours: 7 AM-4 PM

Saigon Street is a Vietnamese cafe & restaurant located not too far from Cafe Organic. A pho and bahn mi bar is located outside the main dining area making it even more easily noticable. If you're a Vietnamese coffee enthusiast, then order their "Iced Vietnamese Coffee", it's less strong than the ones I've tried, but the balance and aftertaste was pretty smooth and subtle. Heard they have good pho, I better go back and try.
Sea Circus
Jalan Kayu Aya No. 22 A
Petitenget, Seminyak
Badung, Bali 80352
Sea Circus is a small cafe located in Jalan Kayu Aya, just across Vin+. This cafe serves simple and homey Western brunch menu and good coffee for those who’re in need. Must admit the coffee’s not bad here, my suggestion is to come during the day as the exterior of this cafe is pretty with mural illustration all over the building, made perfect for OOTD or your selfies.

Sisterfields
Jl. Kayu Cendana No. 7
Seminyak, Badung, Bali 80361
0811 - 3860 -507
Opening hours: 7 AM- 9 PM
Sisterfields is a very well known cafe located in Jalan Kayu Cendana in Seminyak. Just around Seminyak Square and more likely located across Seminyak Village! They offer good selections of all day breakfast and lunch menus, mostly Western and Australian inspired menus so expect to find burgers, sandwich and healthy options too (trust me healthy themed cafes are BIG in Bali at the moment). My favorite here is their amazing Dirty Burger, Tropical Fruit Salad with edible flowers, or maybe their Acai Berry Bowl!


Tiger Palm (and Sarong, and Mamasan)
Seminyak Village Shopping Mall
Jl. Kayu Jati No.8, Seminyak, Bali 80361
0361 - 738097
Opening hours: 10 AM-10 PM
Sarong, Mamasan and Tiger Palms HAVE TO be on everyone's list if they're making a Seminyak food guide! They're technically restaurants, but they're so good I wanna put them on my list (so what don't care lol). Mamasan is my ultimate recommendation whenever people ask me the place to have really good food in Seminyak), Sarong and Tiger Palms are pretty good but nowhere close to Mamasan, FYI these three restaurants are owned by the same person, the amazing Will Meyrick! It's amazing how this Australian chef masters the art of local and Asian cooking. His food is never wrong, and the one in Jakarta: E&O is my current number one favorite restaurant in Jakarta!


Watercress
Jalan Batu Belig No. 21 A
Kuta Utara, Badung, Bali 80361
0851 – 0280 – 8030
Opening hours: 7:30 AM-4 PM // 6 PM-11 PM
- - - 
Watercress is one of my favorite healthy cafes in Seminyak, here they serve all-day home cooked rustic breakfast and lunch food made using organic and fresh local ingredients. Do not skip their tempe salad, it’s A MUST ORDER here! Basically greens dressed with their house sauce, garnished with rather sweet soyabean cake and feta cheese. YUM! They also have selections of sandwiches, vegetable lasagnas and falafels too.

I notice, some of the new cafes are specializing in either healthy food, or vegetarian cuisine, which to me, is a good thing because converting to a healthier lifestyle is never outdated. This list is going to be longer and longer by time, so if you have recommendations, feel free to drop them below!

FIND ME HERE
FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || GOOGLE+

1 komentar: