Indonesian Foodblogger Gathering at Ten Ten Plaza Indonesia


Last Saturday I attended one of the most memorable, important and yet exciting event held by Indonesian Foodblogger. Since I'm new in this industry, I'm one of their newest members and I'm glad to be a part of Indonesian Foodblogger group and obviously glad for the existence of Indonesian Foodblogger because I realize that certain people are paying attention to food bloggers and actually respect the existence of us and personally, me. Thanks for inviting me to the event. *wipe tears*

Isn't it nice to meet new friends and meet potential future co-workers? I am!

Initially, the event included a cooking class held in cooperation with the awesome Ten Ten Tempura House in Plaza Indonesia (also the venue of the food blogger gathering). I kinda slipped on reading the DM sent to me, I thought it started on 12 PM, but the it actually started on 10AM-12PM and I realized it the night before. I kinda upset for not making it to the cooking class since I had meeting with an advertiser of this blog at 10 AM at another place, and I can only make it to the lunch part, but that's okay, at least I still showed up and still on a mission to make you guys hungry, still managed to capture mouthwatering pictures guaranteed to make you to experience your foodgasm in a great way :D.

I got to meet a lot of new friends, some of them I knew from social networking (read; Twitter) before we actually met face to face, some I already met at previous food tasting gathering and I'm honestly hoping to meet them again and get to know each other more in the future.

Ten Ten Restaurant has just released its newest ventures and creations starting from salad, small bites, ala cartes, main courses, beverages and desserts and those additionals add up to 164 menus to choose from to fulfil your cravings for superb japanese culinary!!! They have large selections of Tendon (rice bowl with various tempura topping served with miso soup) and Donburi and they're all delicious! I'm going to take you there in a while, so hold on to your seatbelts.

We're given this form of what we'd like to order and I came with my selections of food for the lunch, I hope you love it and tempted enough.

Special thanks for Ten Ten Tempura House for these delicious food I'm going to post:
MAIN COURSE:
TORI TENBARA
Tempura Crispy Fried Chicken with sesame and garnished with seaweed.
How do you spell delicious?
T-E-N-D-A-R-A  F-R-O-M  T-E-N-T-E-N!
Hands down to this gorgeous meal I had for lunch that day. It's on a proper portion, great for lunch and what makes it better is the fact that I'm also being served with delicious desserts (going to tell you more about that later).

As you can see, the tempura is cooked so well that it's very crunchy! Wondering why is that? It's because Ten Ten Restaurant serves you tempuras that are cooked in a special way with a special fryer machine so you're going to have delicious and consistent tasting tempuras! Applause for the consistency!

SPICY BEEF KINOKO DON
Sliced beef with mushrooms and Ten Ten special spicy sauce.

Sorry for spamming the usage of the word "DELICIOUS" but again, this food is so delicious it's sinful! I love how they managed to cook the beef.. so tender, yummy and I also love love love Enoki Mushroom (my favorite) and I need to tell you this: they use very delicious rice, you won't find common rice you find in most restaurants, I'm not sure if they're using japanese rice or they cook it japanese way, but the rice is very moist, semi-sticky textured and the rice works so well with the filling (meat) and the sauce. I recommend this one for you if you prefer beef over chicken.

Ten Ten Restaurant also adds up new variants for their dessert menu and I am fortunate enough for being able to taste two of their tempting desserts! Here they are...
DESSERTS:
My lunch got even more wonderful because it was companied with uber delicious desserts presented by Ten Ten Plaza Indonesia:

FORET NOIRE
Foret Noire is the french of "Black Forest", I have eaten a lot of different Foret Noire and they all look like common black forest, but this one is certainly not your average, I was kinda shocked when they told me this was foret noir because it doesn't look like one and it's certainly different: it's a very light creme dessert with very rich chocolate texture and most of all, I LOVE THIS! There is simply a happiness you can find in a cup.

Zoom in to capture the delightful chocolate cream texture, I'm having a weird situation right now, looking at the pictures I took myself and going hungry now.

COOKIES AND CHEESE CUP
Trust me, I am not a big fan of cheese ever since I was a little kid, it's just sometimes the very heavy cheese smell and taste makes me feel noxious, but this time, I tried to fight my weakness and actually gain a gut to try this dessert.

If you are not fond of the cheese flavor, I highly recommend this one, the cheese flavor was not very strong, but yet it's creamy but it's more like vanilla cream, and I love the idea of using the cookies and its crumble, I highly respect the different contrast of textures on a dish. Textures are essential.

Thank God for desserts as they are the reasons to keep being happy in this life.

If you're looking for a place to have a gorgeous japanese cuisine whether it's for lunch or dinner, look no further than Ten Ten Plaza Indonesia!

WAIT!
This entry is not over yet, I haven't done giving you great news!!!

Happy news for CITIBANK card holders:
Ten Ten is giving you complimentaries of
BUY 2 GET 3 for main courses
(for both Debit and Credit Card holders, until May 19th 2013)

FOR EVERYONE:
High Tea at Ten Ten Restaurant
1 DESSERT + 1 BEVERAGE for only IDR 42.000
(Valid on Monday-Friday, 2 - 5 PM!)

FOR PARENTS WHO LOVE THEIR KIDS (I know all parents must do)
and for that, take them to Ten Ten restaurant and enjoy...
Ten Ten Kids Meal for IDR 38.000
Meal should be fun for your kids and you!

Follow their Twitter or like their Facebook page for more updates

Ten Ten Tempura House
Plaza Indonesia
Basement Level, unit 16-17
021-7512369


4 komentar:

  1. What a nice blog post..thank u Mas Hans:-)

    BalasHapus
  2. Foret noir looks like mousse to me but Woweee...every bits of description made me hungry, not to mention the tempting offers at the end..sadly I'm thousand miles from there.

    BalasHapus
  3. Same as Ellen Anthenuis, we were drooling over your blog post as we live thousand miles away from our home country.

    One thing that I miss about East and SE Asian desserts, their sweetness isn't too powerful compare to North america desserts and mostly light which is good!

    BalasHapus
  4. Hey Nice Blog!!! Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!

    Indian restaurants in samui
    Best Thai Food in Chaweng koh samui
    Thai Restaurant in Koh samui

    BalasHapus