The Fabulous Baker Boy Singapore

Yes!!! Another post from my Singapore trip and right now I am going to talk about this cozy bakery that I went to. My days in Singapore were gloriously fattening and delicious but one good thing, after all those thousands of calories per day getting in the system, I freaking walk everywhere! Well of course not from Changi to (let's say) Orchard, I'd probably die and lost 20 pounds!

The Fabulous Baker Boy is located in the Liang Court area, I didn't notice any signboard of this particular bakery but the thing is, when you see "Viridian Art House" signage outside the area, you're in for a treat. 
Technically, this bakery has an "outdoor" seating area and the inside part is the cashier as well as where the dreamy cake displays are "hiding"! Those eyegasmic cakes which by the way looking sinful already behind those glass covers were running out pretty fast, if you knew exactly what you wanted and it happened to be sold out at the moment, then you need to wait for the freshly baked cakes. There were four choices available during my visit, but since I have done a little research, I knew I wanted their "Red Velvet" and luckily it was the last one to come to papa!

The inside's interior was simple, neat, minimalist and sort of vintage-ish.





I went with no other than Christopher who became such a great "tour-guide" (thank you, Chris!) and we were honestly filthy full after having a pretty fancy lunch at Tim Ho Wan (about that later) and "late breakfast" at The Wild Honey earlier (I KNOW MAD!), but I guess there will always be a little room for the sweet treats and while I was there I guess too unfortunate to miss this.

We ordered two cakes to share: Ab Fab Red Velvet (S$9), Nutty Monkey (S$8) and one cup of flat white (S$4.5). Their version of Red Velvet was indeed mazor-yum-delicious as what those Singapore food blogs been raving for, it had that perfect sweetness, nice moist texture and thank goodness it was majority chocolate instead of cream cheese! MUST TRY! Their Nutty Monkey was also nice and moist along with that awesome collaboration between banana and chocolate that simply almost impossible to go wrong.



Their Flat White was also pretty decent with that incredible balance, consistency and beautiful latte art.


When it comes to dessert places hunting in Singapore, The Fabulous Baker Boy just can't be missed! Not only they have fabulous cakes, they also have pretty good range of savory meals like sandwiches, soup, salad and pasta during the weekdays. Menus like pancakes and eggs benedict are available during the weekend brunch.

They are currently on renovation and scheduled to re-open on March 16th 2014! I am surely going back here whenever I visit Singapore! You guys should to!

The Fabulous Baker Boy
70 River Valley Rd.
#01-15 The Foothills
+65 6694 8336
Opening Hours: (Closed on Mondays)
Tue - Thu: 11 AM - 6 PM

Friday: 11 AM - 11 PM
Saturday: 10.30 AM - 11 PM
Sunday: 10.30 AM - 5 PM
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM


2 komentar:

  1. Bookmarked this post! Thanks!

    Looking at the google maps, so this place is the opposite of Liang Court, right? *can't wait to taste this!* :-)

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Aahhh too bad the shop was closed for renovation when I visited it yesterday :-(

      Hapus