CHRISTMAS DINNER JAKARTA 2014 (AND NEW YEAR'S EVE)

Before I start this post, let me greet you all the happiest December!!!

This post is my first post in December and I can’t believe that it’s been a year since my first Christmas dinner list in Jakarta for 2013! So far, 2014 has been such a remarkable year for me and so many things that I need to be grateful for, but that also means that I have to live up this blog’s standard, deliver better contents and (ahem) pictures.

As an early Christmas gift for myself, I finally purchased my first full frame DSLR camera: Nikon D600! I have been a die hard Nikon fan and I’ve been saving for this one for quite a while, and to be able to actually own this little bastard right here was like living my dream!


However, this means that I need to save some more X_X

The F&B scene in Jakarta has been very interesting! So many new restaurants are opening but there are also several that unfortunately have to step out of the game, but hereby I am wishing them all the best of luck. Don’t take this as failure, you’re probably just a late bloomer J.

Again, I need to make things straight and this is CLEARLY NOT an advertorial list and the names on this list are purely based on my experience and how I actually value the restaurants based on the food, the service, the ambiance and the value for money. I have to remind you guys that the thing with Christmas dinner, the prices would be jacked up to a certain value, just be honest, that’s how the restaurants make money and they take good advantage from this, but considering that this is some kind of “once in a year” celebration that you should (or shouldn’t) celebrate, but I love the art of having Christmas dinner with your loved ones!

I hope you enjoy this list and you can also use this as your reference to spend the new year's eve with your beloved ones. I don’t exactly know about the promotions and if they have special opening hours so you can kindly check their website or give them a call (don't be lazy!), but you can ask me on the comment box below and Instagram and I'll help you answer some of the questions regarding the promotions or whatever that is about this and if possible, I'll try to forward them to the people behind these followings.

List sorted in Alphabetical order

AKIRA BACK
MD Place Building/Penthouse, Level 12
Jl. Setiabudi Selatan No. 7 (near to Four Seasons Jakarta)
Setiabudi, South Jakarta
021 - 2904 0777 / 0857 7778 8777
Pricing: $$$$ - IDR 2 mil for two
Dresscode: smart attire




If you read my post about Akira Back, I’ve declared this restaurant as one of the best restaurants in Jakarta at the moment and I don’t think it’s moving out from the top 3 anytime soon (so I guess I already give you hints of this year’s list). The food here is freaking amazing and I bet everyone who has experienced their tuna pizza must agreed that it’s one of the most spectacular dish they’ve had here, if not, in their lives! My ideal dinner here would start with their tuna pizza or tacos, then had their sushi or short ribs for main course and ended it with their famous shortcake!


AVEC MOI
Office Park Thamrin City Block AA-01
Jl. Thamrin Boulevard
Central Jakarta
Ph. +6221 29625878
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 400k for two
Dresscode: Smart casual
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avec Moi is one of the newest restaurants at the moment (as I am typing this) but its reputation sky-rocketed and it has been gaining quite a few fans. The venue might not be the most spectacular when it comes to fanciness (since it’s located in Thamrin City office area), but their food man, I won’t disregard how amazing they are in executing the Foie Gras and Chicken and created unbe-bloody-livably good course. They currently have a promotion and you only need to spend IDR 140k for their three course lunch set (each one appetizer, main course and dessert), don’t know when this promotion’s ending so you better hurry up!


BISTRO BARON
Plaza Indonesia 1st fl. Unit E 20-21 (across Kitchenette)
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28-30
Jakarta Pusat 10350
021 - 2992 3505/06
BB PIN: 2144528C

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 500k for two
Dresscode: smart casual

One thing I love about Bistro Baron when you try to match it with the Christmas theme is actually the venue.  For me, their french themed vintage Victorian interior fits the Christmas spirit, not to mention I love how simple their set is with white table clothing covering the wooden table and exterior painted in romantic blue color, that combination somehow felt very heartwarming. I wonder how they actually decorate their restaurant for this year’s Christmas?

The food here has nothing to worry about. Been having my glorious meals here for four times (as I remember) and I had nothing to be disappointed at. My recommendation would be their Cote de Beouf for sharing: 1 kg of prime quality 200 day grain-fed Black Angus beef with three side dishes option: cream spinach, sauteed mushroom and french fries (or mash) and four sauce options: Bordelaise (red wine sauce), Mustard, Bearnaise and Garlic Butter. Not only that, they also have lovely pastas and chicken courses.

BRANCHE
Jl. Senopati No. 33 (align with Emilie)
Opening Hours: (currently) 4 PM - 12 AM
For reservation: Gina - 0812 1064 4017

WEBSITE | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Pricing: $$ - IDR 400k for two
Dresscode: Casual

Branche is one of the newest joints in Senopati and possibly one of the most popular hangout destinations on the weekends for group of friends and lovebirds! Frankly speaking, it's currently also one of the most search restaurants on my blog. They claimed to be a casual-French fine dining restaurant but I honestly think they do better on the Asian menu. My first visit was very good but my second wasn't quite a thing. However, I do love their chic industrial interior and semi-formal friendly service, and when I say friendly trust me I do not mean Pizza Hut's friendly.

CACAOTE
Jalan Senopati Raya No. 80
Jakarta Selatan
021 - 2930 6127
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 600k for two
Dresscode: smart casual



Even though Cacaote is more well known as the dessert place and has been quite reputable since the first time it opened for public, but I must say this pretty restaurant also has beautiful savory courses good enough to make me come back for more. Their menus are dominated by French cuisine. My personal recommendations would be their Beef Tataki for appetizer, Cacaote Burger and Steaks for main courses, and Cacaote cake for dessert. I would likely recommend you guys to go to the second floor to have your dinner because the second floor actually got the more lovelier French ambiance to it, the downside is that the second floor is also where the bar and smoking area is.



CHATEAU BLANC
Jl. Senopati No. 38
Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan

021 - 521 3626
Pricing: $$$$ - IDR 2 mil for two
Dresscode: stylish formal

Chateau Blanc has been consistent in maintaining their reputation as one of the best French restaurants in Jakarta. If you’re someone with class (and I mean upclass) who loves fancy food, fancy setting, and dressing fancy, then this is for you. Don’t forget to order their adorable Foie Gras because that’s the highlight of their menu and don’t hesitate to pair it with the wine or champagne.

E&O
Menara Rajawali, 1st fl.
Jl. Dr. Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung LOT #5.1
Kawasan Lingkar Mega Kuningan
Jakarta Selatan 12950
021 - 2902 3418

Pricing: $$$ - IDR 1,5 mil for two
Dresscode: smart casual
E&O was my number one best restaurant in 2013 and it’s terribly good for so many reasons. I love the touch of elegance of the place: fancy without being overdone, it’s almost blinding for the fact that they are actually serving Asian fusion cuisine at its finest. My second visit to E&O earlier this year wasn’t a disappointment as well, I still love how good they are with the food, especially Thai beef salad and Crispy Pork Belly that you NEED TO order for appetizer, their Massaman Curry Lamb shank (you know how I hate lamb but this one’s the absolute exception!) that you should get for main course and end your fabulous dinner with their beautiful Durian pannacotta... OBSESSED!
                                                                                                 
EMILIE
Jl. Senopati No. 39
Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan
021 - 521 3626
Pricing: $$$$ - IDR 2 mil for two
Dresscode: stylish formal or smart attire
There are a few similiarities between Chateau Blanc and Emilie. First, the location, both restaurants are located in the Senopati area, second: the menu, both restaurants are french themed restaurant and thirdly, both are equally expensive! Venue wise, Chateau Blanc is more classy and expensive looking, but Emilie is beautiful and classy in the most simple way and in a way, not pretentious. Based on my experience, what makes me happy about Emilie is not only the beautiful cuisine, but also the service! Service here is incredible, the waiters had great product knowledge and very attentive and fast in fulfilling our needs.


GAIA RISTORANTE
The Plaza Tower 46th fl.
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28-30
021 - 2992 2448
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 1,2 mil for two
Dresscode: smart casual
This italian restaurant has been named one of the best places to have authentique Italian cuisine in Jakarta and for certain reasons, I agree. I could imagine this place for my Christmas dinner: dim warm lighting, lounge jazz musics, nice Italian food and I am on board! -- proceed to Salt Grill to read more.

LE QUARTIER
Jl. Gunawarman No. 34
Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta
021 - 7278 8001

WEBSITE
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 500k for two
Dresscode: smart casual

Le Quartier made into my list last year as one of the best restaurants in 2013, this rising neighbor in Gunawarman “neighborhood” is not only one of the prettiest restaurants in Jakarta it’s also not your typical neighbor (that’s what Le Quartier means) because it’s probably your only neighbor that could produce amazing food. Up until now, I am still raving for their Crispy Barramundi and Butterfly Chicken, a very slight possibility that you’ll dislike this or you better start raising your standard HA!

LYON
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Jakarta, 2nd fl.
Jl. Kebon Kacang Raya
Jakarta Pusat 10310
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 1,5 mil for two
Dresscode: smart casual
Short to say, Lyon is one of the best French fine dining restaurants in town thanks to the cold hands of Chef Thierry Le Queau. One of the highlight of Lyon is actually the restaurant itself, I love the romantic ambiance of this restaurant for ringing fancy and pretty in the same time. If you happen to go here, their Foie Gras is the absolute must order!

POTATO HEAD GARAGE
Fairground SCBD (Bengkel Night Park)
Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Jakarta Selatan 12190
021 - 5797 3330
Pricing: $$ - IDR 350k for two
Dresscode: smart casual
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don’t know how many times have I been abusing the word “pretty” but here’s another pretty restaurant for you. Potato Head Garage is indeed (and probably for most Jakartans) the prettiest restaurant to date! Their signature burger are one of the most recommended menu here, for me it's pretty decent ;).

PUBLICO
Jalan Senopati Raya No. 65
Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan 12110
021 - 5296 4960
FACEBOOK | TWITTER
Pricing: $$ - IDR 350k for two
Dresscode: casual
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ambiance wise, I would not recommend you guys having dinner here because the venue is functioned to be smoking area and quite packed but noisy during the night, actually it’s the smoking part that irks me, and I don’t like the non-smoking venue, but this was where I had my Christmas dinner last year with my friends and the food here was actually decent enough, when you have amazing company, you’re kind of forgetting all the small flaws and details (even sometimes the food) because you’re “concentrating” on the togetherness! Oh how I miss all the silly conversation! Anyway, do try their lovely seasoned and juicy Publico Rubbed Burger and Roasted Chicken for the main courses and make sure you end it with their famous creme brulee and Valrhona chocolate dessert!

ROSSO
Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, lvl. 1
Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 1
021 - 2939 9580
Pricing: $$$$ - IDR 2 mil for two
Dresscode: smart casual

There’s no way that the list will be completed without actually including Rosso on the list, despite the departure of Chef Oriana (which I highly regretted), Rosso hasn’t lost its charm thanks to the new expert in their kitchen, Chef Paolo Gionfriddo that makes me want to keep on including it in my best restaurant lists. There are quite a few steak houses in Jakarta but so far, none has beaten Rosso’s beautiful tenderloin and you HAVE TO order the medium rare one. The beef was incredibly juicy with pink center and seasoned lightly but tasted so amazing! The steak is best paired with red-wine that you can choose from their selections.

SALT GRILL BY LUKE MANGAN
The Plaza Tower 46th fl.
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28-30
021 - 2992 2448
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 1,2 mil for two
Dresscode: smart casual
The fact that this restaurant is located 46 floors above the surface made it the absolute winner when it comes to the view, situated side by side with GAIA doesn’t neccesarily translate as competition, this innovative restaurant of Luke Mangan’s actually concentrated on the french cuisine while GAIA concentrated on the Italian. My favorite menu from Salt Grill must be their Fish to share menu: Stir Fry of Crab Meat, Shitake Mushrooms, Charsiu Sauce, Sugar Peas and Confit Eschalot. It was so beautiful and flavorful you're getting burst of sweet and savory perfectly balance in your palate!

SRIWIJAYA
Hotel Dharmawangsa Jakarta
Jl. Brawijaya No. 26
Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan 12160
021 - 725 8181
When it comes to the best fine dining restaurants in Jakarta, you surely don't want to miss Sriwijaya restaurant off your list! My experience visiting Sriwijaya has always been splendid from the first time, Sriwijaya just never fails to impress me! The food was made to perfection came along with delightful looking presentation, well thanks to the fabulous 'celebrity' Chef Vindex Tengker. I am always up for their Tenderloin steaks, juiciest steak ever, even better when you have them in 'medium rare'.

TREDICI RISTORANTE
Jl. Suryo No. 42
Senopati, Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan 12190
021 - 720 4567

INSTAGRAM

Pricing: $$, IDR 250k for two
Dresscode: casual

Tredici is also one of the newest Italian restaurants in Jakarta and to be exact in Senopati but despite being only three months old, Tredici has become one of the most sought after Italian restaurants in town, well you can tell by the number of customers packing this restaurant, casually, the weekends are their jam! I love everything about Tredici! They serve lovely food - and I super love their Pappardelle Casereccia (non-halal) - and also the homey ambiance. I can imagine a lovely dinner here, not to mention the jazz music playing along just adds the lovely meter up, just make sure you book the seats next to the window!

TWG
Plaza Senayan, 1st Floor Unit 109A
Jl. Asia Afrika 8

Jakarta Selatan 10270
021 - 572 5726
Pricing: $$ - IDR 400k for two
Dresscode: sporty casual
Even though TWG is more well known as a tea store but somehow their outlets and the food that they're serving could produce that royal but in the same time humble sense to it, and when I am referring to humble I mean they have that sense of homeyness to it, might sound weird, but it's just there's something about the setting and the scent of the tea that make you feel like home. The food here is mostly western themed and you have to try their beef steaks or their well known grilled salmon. Yum!

UNION
Plaza Senayan Ground Fl. (Inside SOGO), Courtyard (from outside entrance)
Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8
South Jakarta
021 - 579 05861
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 500k for two
Dresscode: smart casual!
For those who don’t know, UNION is actually one of the pioneers of classy dining in Jakarta without the “fine dining” subtext, that is probably why they are highly famous and packed with customers even after years (not to mention it’s also one of the most beautiful restaurants in Jakarta with their classic urban sophisticated interior)! Most of the times, I go to UNION only for their cakes, it’s still personally my most favorite cake shop, patisserie and boulangerie in town! Their red velvet cake is to die for and came in big size so you could share it with your beloved one on the dinner. Do try their pork belly because it’s amazing or you can also have their tenderloin (but I personally like the pork belly more) and pair them with wines or their signature cocktails!

WILSHIRE
The Foundry 8 at SCBD Lot 9
Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Jakarta Selatan 12190
021 - 5140 1018
Pricing: $$$ - IDR 600k for two
Dresscode: smart casual!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wilshire also got into my list of the best restaurants in 2013 and actually ranked number 2! The design of the restaurant was simple but chic with a little twist of industrial, it’s the place to go to have your delightful dinner before you actually proceed to the clubs and party! I got very impressed by their food especially their Foie Gras Sushi and Slow Cooked Wagyu Beef! They are also very good in curating their signature cocktails and if you love pretty drinks you should try their “Frozen Peach Martini”, it's light and sweet. If you ask me about their dessert, frankly speaking, I never tried one so I couldn’t really comment on it.

I hope this post helps you in deciding where to go for Christmas dinner with your loved ones! Christmas dinner is just the perfect time to gather with your family and hopefully you can create something soul to soul and heartwarming from the togetherness and probably start having conversations like you never had before.

Thank you for reading and have a merry-jolly wonderful Christmas dinner. Hope this year would be unforgettable for most of you and obviously in the best fanciest happiest kind of way :). Looking forward to hear your stories!!! CHEERS!


FIND ME HERE
FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || GOOGLE+

4 komentar:

  1. AWESOME kak <3 !
    Falling in love with those photos :")
    Can't wait for Christmas Day !

    Regards,
    Karina Melias

    BalasHapus
  2. Amazing selection of eateries!
    This post deserves a share with christmas spirit embedded.

    By the way, is it just me or the Wilshire part doesn't have any photos?

    BalasHapus
  3. Beautiful photos and presentations!

    BalasHapus
  4. This is great revealing content. Thank you I really appreciate the unique articles you write. paleorecipebook provide this Paleo recipes book

    BalasHapus