SOUPANOVA ECOSKY JAKARTA

In just less than a month, two rooftop bars are opening in town! The other one I've blogged it on the previous post, this time I am going to be talking about this trending rooftop bar that's actually technically not yet opening, but you know people these days, with the little help from the social medias and mouth to mouth promotion, people start flowing to the destination.

Say hi to Soupanova Ecosky, the "green" rooftop lounge claimed to be the ideal mixture of the Germany and local culture while still embracing the youthful concept that fit the youngsters right on spot. Soupanova Ecosky is located on the 23rd floor of GKM Tower, TB Simatupang (kinda far from my place actually) and the first thing you'd notice is how much wood materials were being used to decorate the whole venue, I personally love when there's so many almost like an explosion of wood in an area, you can't never have too much wood.

Generally I love the area, it got that vintage thing going from the pattern and color of the chairs, the pattern of the tables, the details of the decoration but I only have one, I mean two not so pleasant thing that I would love to share here: first, since their concept is actually "eco green", I must say I was expecting more green happening on the scene, as it looked more like "dry desert", they responded to my opinion by honestly saying that with the huge number of events happening here and so many people stepping on the growing grass, the grass wouldn't grow. Well, kind of makes sense to me actually, but since they have that concept, I still need to see more, in a way you have to be wise when you're juggling between business and idealism. My second complaint isn't about them, it's about Jakarta, WHY U HAVE TO FREAKING BE SO HOT DAMNIT!!!

Something retro about this, and it's gorgeous!
Live view of the Simatupang road as well as the view to Jakarta's landscape, even more mesmerizing during the night!


They also have indoor area, but when I visited this place, there was an event going (see there's even an event!), so they did changes the indoor area. For some reasons, the indoor area reminded me of Fitzroy



Virgin Pina Colada
IDR 40k
This beverage was creamy, sort of milky but not very strong and totally flirty and fruity, loving how balance the pineapple flavor and how it blended with the creamy coconut cream. For some reasons, "virgins" are always the best for me!
Watermelon Man
IDR 120k
This cocktail happens to be one of their current best seller and this drink includes Vodka (alcohol), mixture of lemon and orange juice, Grenadine syrup and definitely watermelon fruit juice and watermelon liquor, This was sort of strong for me not still proper and not I-can't-handle type of beverage, frankly speaking, this was more of the female drink.
Chips and Salsa
IDR 30k
Presentation might look boring and flat, but it was frankly quite impressive! The texture was crunchy and crispy, there's also something about the light seasoning of the tortilla chips that's really good and I couldn't stop munching because of that. The salsa was also surprisingly pretty decent and flavorful with proper sourness :).
Chicken Fingers
IDR 45k
This was probably one of the most common bar food, not bad but I just didn't find this anything special. Texture and flavor wise: decent.

Mushroom Soup
IDR 70k
If you love milkier type of mushroom soup then this might fit you, but unfortunately not me, I found the mushroom soup to be a tad milkier for my taste bud, and personally I found it quite hefty to put the IDR 70k tag on it.
Rougie Foie Gras with Mashed Potato
IDR 95k
One serving portion of this Rougie Foie Gras consist of pan seared Foie Gras with onion puree, caramelized apple and red berry sauce and this dish happened to be one of my favorites, I mean it's Foie Gras and when it's cooked perfectly it could blow your mind and taste bud! If the Foie Gras could be a little smoother and more of that "melt in your mouth" sensation, that would be even more appreciated, other than that, starting from the seasoning to the presentation, they're beautiful.

Lamb Kebab with Mint and Yogurt Sauce
IDR 78k
From all the menu served on my visit, this was hands down, my favorite! This statement might be a little awkward coming from a food blogger, but just around a month ago, I decided to stop taking lambs and mutton because I couldn't stand how stinky the meats are, from let's say 20 lamb and mutton dishes I've tried so far in my life, only two that stood out: mutton skewer from Sulaiman and Lamb Shank from E&O, other than that, sorry to say I couldn't even bite or swallow, decided to give this a try and they're juicy and tasty! There wasn't that horrifying and traumatizing lamb smell, only perfectly cooked and seasoned meat paired with mint and yogurt sauce. I personally liked having this even without the yogurt sauce!
Apple Strudel
IDR 55k
One of their signature desserts (or Germany's in general) is this Apple Strudel. The consistency of the skin was good: crispy and flaky, the filling was quite tasty with just the right amount of sweetness.



To sum things up, indeed it's one of the most happening rooftop bar at the moment and again, indeed I found their F&B to be on the good range of rooftop bar food. I honestly haven't found decent food from the rooftop bar but with this and with that quality, I personally would recommend this place, and if they could combine the food with their strong and executed concept, this should be nice.

Note to remember: they're currently opening starting from 3 PM daily!

Soupanova Ecosky
GKM Tower, 23rd fl
Jalan T.B. Simatupang Kav. 89 G
Pasar Minggu, Jakarta Selatan
021 - 2787 8017
Opening Hours:
Mon - Thu, Sun: 12 PM - 12 AM
Weekends: 1 PM - 3 AM (Currently opening starting from 3 PM!)
Pricing: $$
Dresscode: Casual
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM


FIND ME HERE
FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || GOOGLE+

Map for GKM Tower

11 komentar:

  1. Pemilihan kata yang imajinatif dan foto-foto yang menggoda selera makan. I enjoy reading your blog and your instagram as well :)

    Salam,
    @LaksmiWrites

    BalasHapus
  2. I must say that view is amazing and food is also looking yummy. Can you also recommend me best roof top bar nyc similar to this place? I will wait for your reply dear and thanks in advance.

    BalasHapus
  3. Hey great article.. find this excellent page, one of the most interesting info online.

    BalasHapus
  4. It's a good blog, and thanks for sharing it. It is easy to create fake screenshots to prank others. Using this article create fake screenshot, you can do this. By using this article, you can create fake screenshots for entertainment.

    BalasHapus
  5. Great delivery. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the amazing effort. 메이저사이트

    BalasHapus
  6. I'm extremely inspired along with your writing skills as neatly as with the format in your blog. Is that a paid subject or did you customize it yourself? Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to look at a great blog like this one today.. Smart Mirror

    BalasHapus
  7. Amazing Blog! Really you have shared great content. Get the solution to fix the issue related to email services like if you are facing Roadrunner Email Login Issues and unable to fix it by yourself then you can visit our blog and get the immediate solution

    BalasHapus
  8. Balasan
    1. 우회 사이트 이용을 하면서 사용할 수 있는 웹 프록시 사이트 터치 vpn

      Hapus
  9. Apart from the food, the restaurant has a beautiful interior and a great view of the Jakarta skyline. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and is a great place to go for a healthy meal with friends or family.

    BalasHapus
  10. You guys are doing terrific work. Your work ethic is up to the mark. Christmas Collection

    BalasHapus